Last updated: 14 September 2018
1. Information on the collection of personal data
If you wish to see definitions of the terms we have used, such as “personal data” and their “processing”, please refer to the definitions in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), article 4.
(3) The controller under GDPR article 4 (7) is GLOCK ecotech GmbH, entry in commercial register: 322734 i, with its office at Bengerstrasse 1, 9112 Griffen, Austria, firstname.lastname@example.org.
(5) GLOCK ecotech collects, processes and uses your personal data in compliance with the relevant data protection regulations. In other words, we will only process data if we are legally permitted to do so. This is the case if we need to process your data for contractual performance or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures (GDPR article 6 (1) point b, e.g. if you buy our products or services) or if you have given your consent to data processing (GDPR article 6 (1) point a, e.g. for marketing or advertising purposes, although you are at any time free to revoke any consent you have given, with future effect, e.g. you can object to the processing of your personal data for marketing and advertising purposes if you no longer agree to future processing). We will also process your personal data if we need them in order to safeguard our legitimate interests (GDPR article 6 (1) point f, e.g. to target customers directly, to contact them in writing, by phone or electronically to enquire about customer satisfaction, to advertise for our own products and services, and to maintain network and information security, etc.). Or we may need to process your data to meet our statutory duties (GDPR article 6 (1) point c, e.g. to write our financial statements, to fulfil our tax obligations, etc.).
2. Specific collection and processing of personal data – purpose and legal basis of data processing
GLOCK Öko collects, stores and processes the following personal data:
(1) Directly personal data in the form of personal contact details and demographic information you share with us: If you contact us by email, via the contact form on our website or in some other way (e.g. by phone or in person), any data you share with us actively and voluntarily (e.g. your email address, name, phone number, postal address or country of origin) will be used by us for the purpose of contacting you, dealing with your requests or enquiries and answering your questions. The data created in this connection will be deleted as soon as their storage is no longer required, or, alternatively, we will restrict the processing of those data in cases where there are statutory retention duties. Such data are processed in order to safeguard the overriding legitimate interests of GLOCK ecotech (under GDPR article 6 (1) point f).
(2) Data we receive within the parameters of our business relationship with you: When you purchase our products or services, we can only conclude a contract with you, carry out and perform that contract (e.g. for communication or to deal with purchase orders, billing, payments and shipments) or conduct pre-contractual measures if you provide us with the necessary personal data, so that the relevant contract can be concluded and implemented, either by ourselves or by our contractors. In particular, we will collect and process the following personal data for such purposes: title, first name, surname, postal address, date of birth, company or organisation, email address, region (country, city, state/province/county), fax number, phone contact details, details concerning the relevant payment procedure (terms of payment, customer’s banking details such as sort code, account number, etc.), other data arising from the fulfilment of our contractual duties (contract and billing details, information about creditworthiness, etc.), data from customer surveys and data needed for the fulfilment of statutory requirements. If you want to become one of our dealers, we also collect public data about your company, e.g. from the commercial register, the register of clubs and associations, your VAT ID number, your business purposes, your industry membership and other commercial details that are publicly available. The legal basis for processing and storing your personal data is contractual fulfilment and implementation (GDPR article 6 (1) point b).
(3) Technical data and data about your (user) behaviour while accessing our website: If you only use our website for information, without registering or otherwise sending us details, we only collect the personal data which our server receives from your browser. When you view our website, we collect, in particular, the following data which we require for technical reasons, so that we can display our website to you and so that we can warrant its stability and security (on the legal basis of GDPR article 6 (1), sentence 1, point f):
– IP address
– Date and time of request
– Time zone difference with Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of request (specific page)
– Access status / HTTP status code
– Volume of data transmitted
– Website from which the request was presented
– Operating system and its user interface
– Language and version of browser software
The data are deleted as soon as they are no longer needed for their purpose. If data are collected for the purpose of providing the website, then this is the case, for instance, as soon as a given session is finished.
In addition to saving the aforementioned data, we save cookies to your computer whenever you access our website. Cookies are small text files that are systematically stored on your hard drive by the browser you use and which send certain information to the server that sets those cookies. Cookies cannot execute programs or infect your computer with viruses. Their purpose is to make a given website generally more user-friendly and effective.
(a) This website uses the following types of cookies, which can be characterised as follows with regard to scope and operation:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c)
– First-party or third-party cookies (see d)
(b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This particularly applies to session cookies, which save so-called session IDs, so that it becomes possible to match different requests from your browser with the session you had on our website. As a result, your computer can be recognised next time you visit our website again. Each session cookie is deleted when you log out or close the browser.
(c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which can vary from one cookie to another. You are also free to delete cookies yourself, at any time, via the security settings in your browser.
(d) First-party cookies are saved by GLOCK ecotech directly to your computer or some other terminal, and the information they contain is sent back to GLOCK Ökoenergie. Third-party cookies, on the other hand, send back the saved information to the relevant third-party suppliers.
(e) You can configure your browser settings to suit your preferences, for example, so that it refuses to accept either third-party cookies or any cookies. The process of managing and deleting cookies can differ, depending on the browser you use. To find out how exactly your browser does this, please refer to the user guide provided by your browser or device manufacturer. Please be aware, however, that if you disable cookies, you are also limiting the functions of our website on your device.
(f) Please also remember that you have the option of objecting to the collection of the above-mentioned anonymous technical information. This setting, too, is permanently saved to your hard drive in the form of a cookie. If you have turned off the saving of cookies, your objection cannot be saved permanently. In such a case you can use the Do Not Track function in your browser settings which will of course be respected when you visit our website.
(g) GLOCK ecotech uses the following cookies:
Function and duration
This cookie stores the information that you have accepted the cooking note by clicking “I accept”. The cookie is valid for one year.
Function and duration
Cookie required for basic website functions. This cookie saves the current session of an ASP.NET application, ensuring that any site functions based on the ASP.NET programming language can be displayed in their entirety. It is stored until the end of the browser session.
Function and duration
Cookie required for basic website functions. It is stored until the end of the browser session. oeko#lang saves the language set by the user for this website.
Function and duration
Unique ID of the analysis service Google Analytics. This cookie serves the purpose of collecting anonymous statistics on the user’s site visits, such as the number of visits, average session time and which web pages were visited. Ends after two years.
Function and duration
Session ID of the analysis service Google Analytics. Its purpose is to obtain the visitor’s session status concerning which pages they call up, and it is stored until the end of the browser session.
Function and duration
Unique ID of the analysis service Google Analytics. Serves to reduce the request rate. Ends after 10 minutes.
3. Data transfer
(1) The personal data you provide will be collected, processed and used for the relevant legally permitted purposes only. Data are never disclosed to third parties, unless such disclosure is absolutely necessary for the enforcement of applicable law, e.g. if we have received an official order or if this is required to satisfy a legal process (judicial proceedings, including criminal proceedings).
(2) Your personal data will be sent to staff at GLOCK ecotech, who require those data in order to fulfil contractual and statutory duties as well as legitimate interests. Some of your data will also be processed by external service providers acting on our behalf (processors). For example, to meet our contractual duty to deliver products, we use a range of transport and delivery companies, such as Österreichische Post Aktiengesellschaft (Austrian Mail) and providers of similar services. In the same way, we use IT and accounting services provided by external contractors. As processors may vary, we cannot give any specific names.
(3) Where we use external contractors for the processing of your data, we carefully select and instruct them, so that our instructions are binding upon them and so that we can monitor them.
4. Data storage, access and security
(1) GLOCK ecotech processes your personal data to the extent that they are required throughout our entire business relationship. Data are saved and stored beyond the termination of the business relationship until the expiry of the guarantee period, warranty period, period of limitation and statutory retention period; in addition, they are also stored until the conclusion of any legal disputes where data are required as evidence.
(2) Access to disclosed data is given to persons who handle processing, depending on the specific purposes for which your data have been collected.
(3) In addition, data are protected against unauthorised access through encrypted transmission, encrypted storage, a role authorisation system, a backup system and physical protection for the servers. Security precautions are continually enhanced as new technologies develop.
5. Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us with regard to your personal data:
– Right of access
– Right to rectification or erasure
– Right to restriction of processing
– Right to object to processing
– Right to data portability
If you have given your consent to data processing, you are also entitled to revoke your consent at any time.
To do so, you can contact GLOCK ecotech at any time by emailing a written statement to email@example.com or by sending a letter to our postal address at GLOCK Ökoenergie GmbH, FN 322734 i, Bengerstrasse 1, 9112 Griffen, Austria.
(2) You are also entitled to complain to the relevant data protection authority about our processing of your personal data.
6. Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, i.e. text files which are saved to your computer and allow us to analyse your use of the website. The information that is created by cookies on your use of our website is usually sent to a Google server in the United States, where it is then stored. However, if you have activated IP anonymisation for this website, your IP address will not be sent without first being truncated by Google within the Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Acting on behalf of the site operators, Google will use this information to analyse your use of the website, to create reports on website activities for us as site operators and to provide us with other services connected with website and internet use.
(2) The IP address which Google Analytics sends via your browser will not be linked by Google with any other data Google may have.
(3) You have the option of preventing the storage of cookies through suitable settings in your browser software; please note, however, that this may prevent you from using all the functions of this website to their full potential. Furthermore, if you wish to prevent the collection of data generated by cookies and related to your usage of the website (incl. your IP address) and if you wish to opt out of such data being processed by Google, you can download and install a browser plug-in from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This has the effect of truncating IP addresses before further processing, so that the data cannot be related to any specific person. If the data that are collected about you allow conclusions about you as a person, this is immediately prevented and the relevant personal data are thus erased immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse use of our website and to improve it at regular intervals. The statistical data we receive in this way help us to improve our website and to make it more interesting for you as a user. For exceptional cases in which personal data are transferred to the United States, Google has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework). The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is GDPR article 6 (1), sentence 1, point f.
(6) Information about the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. Terms of Service: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html. Comprehensive information about data protection: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en[A1] , and the Privacy Statement: https://policies.google.com/privacy
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flow, conducted via a user ID. To disable any cross-device analysis of your use, go to your customer account, My Data, Personal Data.
7. Use of your data for marketing purposes
(1) Once we have collected your data as part of our business relationship, we will also use them for direct personal marketing. This means that we can, for instance, send you information about special offers and new information about our products and services or invitations to events and trade shows in the post. Such data processing is based on GDPR article 6 (1), sentence 1, point f, and our legitimate interest is sending direct marketing to existing customers. You may object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time. To do so, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the contact address provided in the Legal Notice section.
(2) When you buy products or services from us and you provide us with your email address for this purpose, then your email address may subsequently be used for the purpose of sending out a so-called existing customers’ newsletter. In such a case the existing customers’ newsletter (sent by email or in the post) is sent to you in order to present our products and services for marketing purposes (e.g. sending product brochures, special offers and information about our new products and technical developments) and also to provide you with promotional material on similar products and services; this may continue for up to three years after contractual termination. You may, however, require us at any time to stop sending you such information emails (existing customers’ newsletters). To do so, please email us at email@example.com or write to the contact address provided in the Legal Notice section. The legal basis for processing your data in connection with our existing customers’ newsletter is GDPR article 6 (1) point f, and our legitimate interest is that of the direct marketing of existing customers.
(3) If we employ other forms of direct marketing (e.g. competitions, newsletters, invitations to trade shows, events, talks, etc.), we will only use your data if we have your express consent for that purpose (GDPR article 6 (1) point a). If you have given your consent to data processing, you are entitled to revoke that consent again at any time and without giving reasons. To do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the contact address provided in the Legal Notice section.